Prof. Dr. Frank Noé
Research group lead:
“AI for the Sciences”
- Machine Learning in the Sciences: Development of deep learning architectures and algorithms toaddress fundamental problems in statistical mechanics, quantum mechanics and theoretical chemistry.
- Method development and simulation in chemical physics and theoretical chemistry: Protein moleculardynamics (especially long-timescale simulation), particle-based reaction dynamics for cellular signaling,multiscale modeling between atomistic and cellular scale, integration of simulation and experimentaldata.
- Scientific software development for the open-source dissemination of our methods: Dissemination ofresearch in community-usable software, modular software design, Open source software in Python, C,C++, Java
Awards and Honors
|2019, 2020, 2021||ISI Highly Cited Researcher (Web of Science)|
|2019||Simons Fellow at the Institute of Pure and Applied Mathematics (IPAM)|
|2019||Early-Career Award in Theoretical Chemistry of the Americal Chemical Society (ACS)|
|2018 – 2020||ERC consolidator grant (awarded 2017)|
|2013 -2017||ERC starting grant (awarded 2012)|
- Berlin-Brandenburg Academy of Sciences and Humanities
- Fellow, European Laboratory for Learning and Intelligent Systems (ELLIS)
- Editor, Machine Learning: Science and Technology (IOPscience)
- Editorial Advisory Board, Journal of Chemical Theory and Computation (ACS)
- Member: American Physical Society, American Chemical Society, Biophysical Society.